Welcome to our Parish!
Next Sunday is August 9th; Ninth Sunday after Trinity
Services are suspended until further notice – please read the message below from Reverends John and Abbie
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Opening St Robert’s and St Michael’s for private prayer
We know that many people have been mourning the loss of the use of our church buildings during this period of lockdown, despite all we have learned about being a dispersed church community. The Parish Church Councils are therefore glad to be in a position where they feel we can safely open the church buildings for limited activity at this time.
At this time, the church building will be open for a few hours each week (times below) FOR PRIVATE PRAYER ONLY. This means you will be able to visit the church building to spend time in prayer there during these hours, provided you are not displaying any Covid-related symptoms and are willing to follow all the guidance provided. The following guidelines will be followed, in accordance with our risk assessment:
- On entering and exiting, all must make use of the hand sanitisers provided, following the handrub guidance.
- Toilet facilities will be limited to staff and emergency use only. Visitors will not be able to wash their hands instead of using the sanitiser.
- Access within the building will be limited to certain areas and these will be clearly marked.
- You will be asked to sit in a marked place to enable a 2m distance from others.
- Candles will be lit and some quiet music played to enable a prayerful atmosphere. We are unable to offer any candles, Bibles or paper prayer resources. If you bring any resources with you, please ensure you leave with them and consider cleaning them afterwards as far as possible.
- Entry and exit is via the same door. Please be aware of others and respect their prayer time and the need to maintain a 2m distance.
- If you wish to come with others from your household, please note a maximum of 2 people can be accommodated together. If there are more than 2 of you, you will need to sit in separate spaces.
Planned opening times are as follows (correct as of 13 July 2020):
St Robert’s, Pannal – Wednesday and Saturday, 9am-4pm (from 15 July)
St Michael’s, Beckwithshaw – Tuesday and Friday, 10am-12noon (from 14 July)
If you would like a prayer said in church for you or someone who is on your heart but do not feel able to come yourself, please contact the clergy.
We will continue to lead morning prayer Monday to Thursday at 8am (and available afterwards) on YouTube and encourage our whole community to continue praying wherever they are to keep in touch with God and hold our concerns and hopes before him. We as clergy continue to hold all our congregants and parishioners in our daily prayers.
The churches remain closed for gathered acts of worship at this time and we do not anticipate restarting gathered Sunday worship in church until September. If you click here, you will see a separate message about this. We will keep in touch through our weekly email so please do sign up to this if you are not already subscribed.
The Reverends John Smith & Abbie PalmerClick here for a special prayer
St Robert of Knaresborough, Pannal is one part of a joint benefice with St Michael and All Angels, Beckwithshaw. This website serves the parish of St Robert’s
St Robert’s is a Church of England parish church serving the community of Pannal and Burn Bridge on the southern edge of Harrogate. It has a lively worshipping community with a flourishing Junior Church (usually over 70 children from 0-16), a good choir and a wide range of groups and activities.
St Michael’s is a traditional rural church with a strong bell-ringing community, serving the village of Beckwithshaw and its surrounding area. You will find its website at http://stmichaelsbeckwithshaw.org/
We hope you find what you are looking for on these pages. We would be very pleased to see you, either as a visitor or to join us in worship.