Welcome to our Parish!
With the start of ‘lock-down 2’, personal attendance at services has again been suspended until further notice
Next Sunday is November 15th; Second Sunday before Advent
This week, the morning service at 10.15am, streamed on YouTube, will be Holy Communion.
Visiting church for private prayer
At this time, the church building will still remain open for a few hours each week (times below) FOR PRIVATE PRAYER ONLY. This means you will be able to visit the church building to spend time in prayer there during these hours, provided you are not displaying any Covid-related symptoms and are willing to follow all the guidance provided. The following guidelines will be followed, in accordance with our risk assessment:
- On entering and exiting, all must make use of the hand sanitisers provided, following the handrub guidance.
- Toilet facilities will be limited to staff and emergency use only. Visitors will not be able to wash their hands instead of using the sanitiser.
- Access within the building will be limited to certain areas and these will be clearly marked.
- You will be asked to sit in a marked place to enable a 2m distance from others.
- Candles will be lit and some quiet music played to enable a prayerful atmosphere. We are unable to offer any candles, Bibles or paper prayer resources. If you bring any resources with you, please ensure you leave with them and consider cleaning them afterwards as far as possible.
- Entry and exit is via the same door. Please be aware of others and respect their prayer time and the need to maintain a 2m distance.
- If you wish to come with others from your household, please note a maximum of 2 people can be accommodated together. If there are more than 2 of you, you will need to sit in separate spaces.
Planned opening times are as follows:
St Robert’s, Pannal – Wednesday and Saturday, 9am-4pm
St Michael’s, Beckwithshaw – Tuesday and Friday, 10am-12noon
If you would like a prayer said in church for you or someone who is on your heart but do not feel able to come yourself, please contact the clergy.
We will continue to lead morning prayer Monday to Thursday at 8am (and available afterwards) on YouTube (click here to view these services) and encourage our whole community to continue praying wherever they are to keep in touch with God and hold our concerns and hopes before him. We as clergy continue to hold all our congregants and parishioners in our daily prayers.
St Robert of Knaresborough, Pannal is one part of a joint benefice with St Michael and All Angels, Beckwithshaw. This website serves the parish of St Robert’s
St Robert’s is a Church of England parish church serving the community of Pannal and Burn Bridge on the southern edge of Harrogate. It has a lively worshipping community with a flourishing Junior Church (usually over 70 children from 0-16), a good choir and a wide range of groups and activities.
St Michael’s is a traditional rural church with a strong bell-ringing community, serving the village of Beckwithshaw and its surrounding area. You will find its website at http://stmichaelsbeckwithshaw.org/
We hope you find what you are looking for on these pages. We would be very pleased to see you, either as a visitor or to join us in worship.