Our services and other provision for Lent, Holy Week and Easter can be found in the Link magazine and in the regular notice sheets provided at services in church. A brief summary is given below (with apologies for anything that may have been missed!). A card with details of the Holy Week and Easter Sunday events will be available, in due course, at the back of the church.
- Pancake Party – 6.00 – 8.00pm (St Michael’s)
Ash Wednesday, March 6th –
- Sung Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes – 7.00pm (St Robert’s) – this will also be the Mothers’ Union Communion Service. Please click here to read the Vicar’s brief thoughts on Ash Wednesday and the Imposition of Ashes. St Michael’s will have a Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes at 10.30am
- ‘Pilgrim’ Lent study course – at St Robert’s for 6 weeks throughout Lent. Thursday’s sessions will include a soup lunch
St Patrick’s Day, March 17th
- This is the Second Sunday in Lent and there will be a special Taizé service at 3.30pm to celebrate St Patrick’s Day
Mothering Sunday, March 31st –
- Family Communion service 9.15am (St Robert’s), and at 11.15 (St Michael’s)
- Annual procession of palms with donkey; a joint celebration with our Methodist partners…this year starting at 10.00am at St Robert’s Church and finishing in the Daw Cross Methodist Chapel at the top of Spring Lane, after the procession up from Pannal Village.
- On Palm Sunday evening, there will be a performance at St Robert’s of ‘The Way of the Cross’ – a devotional Passiontide sequence given by an augmented choir and starting at 7.00pm
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday of Holy Week –
- there will be Holy Communion at 9.15am at St Robert’s
Maundy Thursday, April 18th –
- at 10.30 there will be Holy Communion
- at 7.00pm there will be a reflective service, ‘Supper in the Upper Room’ at St Robert’s;
- at 9.00pm at St Michael’s, Tenebrae – a service of shadows.
- Holy Communion at 8.30am
- a morning Family service at 10.00am at St Robert’s venturing outside for a ‘story trail’ based on the events of Passiontide and Easter
- from 2.00 – 3.00pm at St Michael’s, meditation and reflection on ‘The Final Hour’ in a Taizé-style service;
- and at 8.00pm the night Office of Compline will be sung at St Robert’s – all are welcome to join in this quiet and contemplative service.
- ‘Sunrise Service’, meet at St Robert’s 5.30am to walk up and along the path from All Saints Court (half-way up Church Lane), followed by breakfast in the Chapter House at St Robert’s;
- 8.00am at St Robert’s – Holy Communion (BCP with hymns);
- 9.15am at St Robert’s – a Celebration Family Eucharist for Easter Day.
- St Michael’s celebrate their Festival Easter Eucharist at 11.15am
There will be NO 6.00pm evensong at St Robert’s on Easter Day.